COVID-19 Response Plan
March 16, 2020 – (COVID-19) Update: Effective Wednesday, March 18 Branch Locations Open for Drive-up Only
The health and safety of our customers, employees, and communities continues to be our top priority. To accomplish that and do our part to slow the spread of the virus, we will close our branch lobbies to customer traffic and serve our customers via drive-up window, ATM, and electronic banking services.
Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, we are taking the following precautions:
- All branch locations will be open for banking business at our drive-up windows only. Visit the Hours & Locations page on the website for more information.
- We anticipate our branch lobbies will remain closed until on or around April 1. No walk-in service will be available.
- Our Cohasset Village office, at 40 South Main Street, will be closed entirely. Please visit the drive‐up window at our Cohasset 3A office located at 800 Chief Justice Cushing Highway.
- Access to your Safe Deposit Box will be available by appointment only.
We will reopen our lobbies to customers as soon as it is safe to do so. In the meantime, we look forward to seeing you at our drive-up windows and strongly encourage you to use our electronic banking services that make banking from home easy and convenient.
Please continue to visit this page for the most up-to-date information on our response.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work with our government and local business community to do our part to slow the spread of this virus. We are prepared to operate during this state of emergency:
- Should it be necessary, we have plans in place that will allow us to operate our bank from remote locations.
- We have actively partnered with our most critical vendors to review their contingency plans. We are confident they are ready to operate through just about any potential scenario.
Ways to Bank from Home.
If you prefer to bank from the safety and comfort of your home, Abington Bank offers electronic banking services that let you connect with your money, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including:
- Online Banking and Bill Pay. You can check balances, view transactions, see what checks have cleared, transfer funds, pay bills, and more from any computer or device with internet access.
- Mobile Banking. Download our mobile app to take your money with you wherever you go. It’s secure, easy, and free.
- Mobile Deposit. Make deposits right from home using the camera on your smartphone.
- Telephone Banking. Get 24-hour access to your account information by phone by calling 877.251.6222. You can check balances, verify transactions, transfer funds, and more.
- Debit Card. Shop from home and enjoy a secure way to make payments.
Ways to Sign Up from Home.
- Visit our website at AbingtonBank.com at any time to sign up for Online Banking and Bill Pay.
- Download our Mobile Banking app from The App Store or Google Play to sign up for Mobile Banking.
- If you are already an Online Banking customer, visit the Service Center within Online Banking to order a new debit card.
- If you are not signed up for Telephone Banking, call 877.251.6222 and follow the prompts to set up your account.
For your safety and ours, if you have traveled internationally or visited an impacted area in the last two weeks, please call us at 877.380.2265 to transact any banking business. Our Customer Care team is ready and waiting to assist you with your banking needs.
Ways to Protect Yourself from Fraud.
Regrettably, periods of uncertainty are often accompanied by fraud-related attempts. The Coronavirus situation is no exception. Scammers have been setting up fraudulent websites to sell virus-related products and using emails and social media in attempts to steal your personal and financial information. The Federal Trade Commission offers these tips to protect yourself:
- Never click on links from institutions unfamiliar to you as doing so could result in having malicious software downloaded onto your computer or device.
- Ensure you have up-to-date security software and the latest updates downloaded on your computer or device.
- Be on the alert for false emails from what appears to be the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Instead, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention official website as well as the World Health Organization (WHO) website.
- Ignore ads and online offers promoting vaccines, preventions, treatment, or cure claims for the Coronavirus.
Ways to Learn More.
If you’re looking for more information on the Coronavirus or ways to protect yourself, you can visit these websites:
We’re here to help.
Of course, if you need assistance, you can call our Customer Care team to speak with a representative at 877.380.2265. Our hours of operation are:
Monday – Wednesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM