Abington Bank Raises $33,800 for Local Food Pantries in Annual Neighbors Helping Neighbors Fundraiser
Andrew J. Raczka, president and CEO of Abington Bank, announced that the bank’s second annual Neighbors Helping Neighbors fundraising drive raised $33,800 for local food pantries.
The appeal is part of the bank’s charitable giving program, called The Giving Tree, which reflects the bank’s commitment to making a real difference in the neighborhoods it serves. Throughout the month of November, the bank invited customers, employees, and members of the community to donate funds at Abington Bank branches. All donations received were matched, dollar for dollar, by Abington Bank and the total divided among food pantries in South Shore and South Coast communities the bank serves. Each of these participating food pantries received $2,600 to help feed families in need:
- Aunt Dot’s Kitchen Food Pantry, Hull
- Avon Food Pantry
- Canton Food Pantry
- Cohasset Food Pantry
- Friendly Food Pantry, Randolph
- Holbrook Food Pantry, Inc.
- Interfaith Social Services, Quincy
- Scituate Food Pantry
- South Shore YMCA Food Pantry, Quincy
- Anthony Free Market, Stoughton
- Vincent de Paul Society Food Pantry, Abington
- The Charity Guild, Brockton
- The Family Food Pantry—Damien’s Place, East Wareham
“Abington Bank would like to thank everyone who generously donated to our Neighbors Helping Neighbors campaign,” said Raczka. “We’re pleased that these food pantries will receive much-needed funds in time for the holiday season.”
The following businesses also contributed to Neighbors Helping Neighbors:
- 40-50 South Main Street LLC – Grand Coast Capital
- 417 Court LLC
- American Legion District 10
- Avon Food Mart, Inc.
- Avon Septic and Pumping LLC
- Blue Hill Auto Supply, Inc. DBA Blue Hill Power Equipment
- DRF Realty LLC – Revitalize, Inc.
- Greater Boston Network Consulting
- Hennessy News of Holbrook
- Hersee Equipment, Inc.
- Holbrook Auto Body
- James A Clark Electric, Inc.
- Kroy Limited Partnership
- Macauley & Sons, Inc.
- Mia Regazza LTD
- Pioneer Electrical Corporation
- RM Driscoll Company LLC
- Sestito Landscaping, Inc.
- Stephco Cleaning Systems, Inc.
- Storlazzi & Lee, Inc.
- T L Edwards Family LLC
- Total Tree Care
- Trufant Real Estate, Inc.
In the Photo:
Abington Bank’s Marion branch manager Carolyn Brunette presents a check to Pauline Lally of Damien’s Place Food Pantry, one of 13 pantries receiving donations from the bank’s Neighbors Helping Neighbors fundraising campaign.